In The News
Holy Grail KT
Ann Rutledge OES
Home | Assembly
Calendar | Officers |
#15 S.O.O.B. was constituted on April 29, 1921. The first meeting was
held at the Odd Fellows Hall located at 2064 East 55th Street.
By October 1921 the Assembly membership had grown; and the Assembly moved to
Python Castle located at 1626 East 55th Street, a more suitable
In 1922 it was voted
to rent the Lodge room on the third floor at the Al Koran Club located at
1624 East 35th Street. The “New Masonic Temple” opened, and in
November 1923 the Assembly moved to 3615 Euclid Avenue (The Valley of
Cleveland Scottish Rite Building). This remained its home until moving to
Lakewood Masonic Temple in 1999.
On April 15, 1950,
Lorain Assembly #147 was constituted. On February 5, 1982, it consolidated
with Cleveland Assembly.
Today’s Beauceant is
an order with a long history of support to the Commandery, one that has
proven to be a source of pleasure and benefit both to us and to the Sir
Knights. It is a history we are proud of and one we wish to maintain.
During these yearly years our members did a lot of welfare work such as
inviting children from the Christian orphanage to Christmas parties and
presenting them with gifts. We continue today with charitable work. The
Knights Templar Eye Foundation has been supported by the Social Order of the
Beauceant since 1957, and since this time the S.O.O.B. has made donations of
over one and half million dollars.